Re: [chrony-users] Chrony 1.26 public server available - please try ...

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011, Ed W wrote:

Hi

The ntp people have stated that they do not want anything but ntpd on the
pool, and that they have ways of finding out if you are not ntpd. (ntpq?)
Whether or not they actually adhere to that I do not know.

You have told me that before, but I fall into the stubborn group of
those who will persist until told otherwise...

I haven't yet submitted anything to the pool, but I will offer feedback
on the response after I do so...

Please do. I would like to see what their response is.

On a related note I am also hoping to add two GPS powered stratum 1
servers at some later stage. This hinges on getting permission from my
data center to use their roof, so there is some way to go yet

A window might be enough. I know at home that a south facing basement window,
 looking out on a row of 20m high maple trees, using a Sure receiver finds
enough sattelites to lock on and give a time signal. So just because you
cannot see 360 degrees of sky need not be an impediment.

Kind regards

Ed W

---

---