Re: [chrony-users] using chronyd with gpsd, without PPS support

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:34:37PM +1100, Michael Ashley wrote:
> Hi Miroslav,
>
> Thanks for your comments.
>
> > Do you get anything when the segment 0 (message decoded
> > timestamps) is used instead?
>
> Not when gpsd is started with "service gpsd start", which runs it as
>
> /usr/sbin/gpsd -F /var/run/gpsd.sock -P /var/run/gpsd.pid /dev/ttyS2
>
> However, if I run it manually as
>
> gpsd -n /dev/ttyS2
>
> then I DO get evidence of contact from chronyc using SHM 0 (but not SHM 1).

The -n option might be necessary to keep gpsd working even when there
are no clients connected. (not sure what distro you are using, perhaps
it can be set in /etc/sysconfig/gpsd)

> > What is the output from gpsd -n -N -D 6 /dev/ttyS0 | grep -i 'pps\|ntp' ?
>
> I will send it off-line.

There don't seem to be any messages related to PPS in the log. Is the
PPS wire connected to the DCD pin?

---