|Re: [chrony-dev] Wild frequency fluctuations in macOS 13.2|
[ Thread Index |
| More chrony.tuxfamily.org/chrony-dev Archives
- To: "Gerriet M. Denkmann" <g@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [chrony-dev] Wild frequency fluctuations in macOS 13.2
- From: Bryan Christianson <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2017 18:43:45 +1300
- Cc: chrony-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=smtpcorp.com; s=a1-4; h=Feedback-ID:X-Smtpcorp-Track:To:Message-Id:Date: From:Subject:Reply-To:Sender:List-Unsubscribe; bh=Ds0nefrFGNHsrbNQHeLT23/sHLEMT7BqWbwaNE3kePM=; b=N8rkcEUboTAsiORgTi4w3sWTuu V56Hx0459sFAx33GaRnnv7b/XqMcnpM/TszcAZtakovKZnSXPjfLCMCONfgPYqcj9Om0UKLNPg3iM R5u34OsdgubsuMIEuuCwcZYu2bIynlUZs8CtZvIWOyVGAqwl1j0WmT31NdGauCq/m4u0Gs7wFp7SQ HlO5U9e++FpW043d1y/0nqkzlRiucYRyRgGwrwfojMiJBFga4TBibpUIZzIutagG4Zlqjs9VZNxWA JyuBLrzfmn8O8uWyVPIshp3DksnzKo93tzyP+0h1qcdsb31RbZrkQdww/czTbdkrEX3UFddBavdQE QB71zeBg==;
- Feedback-id: 149811m:149811acx33YQ:149811sY5GR2xBeg:SMTPCORP
> On 9/12/2017, at 6:10 PM, Gerriet M. Denkmann <g@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 9 Dec 2017, at 10:31, Bryan Christianson <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If you have not disabled timed by specifying an unknown ip address or hostname in the Date&Time System preferences pane, then that could possibly explain the result.
> I had System Preferences → Date & Time → Date & Time → “Set data and time automatically” set to off several years ago.
> Maybe some Installer did reset this.
> I have now set it again to off (but the textField still has: “Apple Asia (time.asia.apple.com.)”).
> Thanks to making me check this check-box again.
> timed is still running (as it should).
Unfortunately there is bug in timed - even when “Set data and time automatically” is disabled, it will still poll whatever server is defined in the disabled text field and attempt to adjust the clock. i.e. the check box does nothing except stopping you from changing the server.
I suggest you set the text field to 'unknown-ntp-server' and try again.
I think there is no need for the chrony patch you suggest. In chronycontrol, this is handled by the installation script. See http://whatroute.net/chronycontrol.html
To unsubscribe email chrony-dev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe" in the subject.
For help email chrony-dev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with "help" in the subject.
Trouble? Email listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.