Re: [chrony-dev] Wild frequency fluctuations in macOS 13.2

If you have not disabled  timed by specifying an unknown ip address or hostname in the Date&Time System preferences pane, then that could possibly explain the result.

This is required for chronyd as timed continues to run even when automatic updates are disabled in Preferences.

Alternatively, you may have a bad connection to whatever NTP servers you are using in chronyd.

Regards
Bryan

> On 9/12/2017, at 2:34 PM, Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerrietm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> chronyd 3.2,  macOS 13.2.
>
> The usual frequency of my computer is 18 … 19 ppm (roughly depending on time of day).
>
> Starting chronyd I see wild changes in frequency from 15 to 75 ppm for more than 6 h before it finally settles down to a reasonable value.
> The period of these fluctuations is about 15 minutes, e.g.:
> 2017-12-08 22:42:51 	+21.220
> 2017-12-08 22:47:10 	+73.421
> 2017-12-08 22:57:57  	+33.983
>
> A full tracking.log is available upon request (but probably too large for a mailing list).
>
> This is something I have never seen with chronyd 2.3 / macOS 12.x.
>
> What can I do?
>
> Gerriet.
>

> --

Bryan Christianson