|[chrony-dev] Wild frequency fluctuations in macOS 13.2|
[ Thread Index |
| More chrony.tuxfamily.org/chrony-dev Archives
- To: chrony-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [chrony-dev] Wild frequency fluctuations in macOS 13.2
- From: "Gerriet M. Denkmann" <gerrietm@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 08:34:53 +0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=icloud.com; s=04042017; t=1512783302; bh=YshF/sM4BaOW39cmPaj8V2eVeaD15INd6YuLqzyhF9c=; h=From:Content-type:MIME-version:Subject:Message-id:Date:To; b=FCAPtjJqRjHDMAjShMOH2oe+o4cb60N7lwTvqDYtjALCc2YYM0cE+n2J21pxecZ+j onGHZzh1a7IryHdfVcl69AvIWAU8WrR3e6bEl87S0GkxHt/UlEUUWIqDhoB50AXas9 sfhJW2jbf7NowF7gA9O7DBBipt5cMbdK01kkkgQHBHkprYdGTmEvSpSE5HfvIZu9JE 6G1X1UV8ix1EyqjE1jz2NI6iWsOVphBu9AplUgoL9QEKAE3mZxmHtAbQiK9uTJkXAT iyGzQFFznrAOxR0nWsfIUul9PI6E8RODKemjxsx0FisTyCiROeLDYuASq/mvDAmO+v dvCs8YfnhQs9w==
chronyd 3.2, macOS 13.2.
The usual frequency of my computer is 18 … 19 ppm (roughly depending on time of day).
Starting chronyd I see wild changes in frequency from 15 to 75 ppm for more than 6 h before it finally settles down to a reasonable value.
The period of these fluctuations is about 15 minutes, e.g.:
2017-12-08 22:42:51 +21.220
2017-12-08 22:47:10 +73.421
2017-12-08 22:57:57 +33.983
A full tracking.log is available upon request (but probably too large for a mailing list).
This is something I have never seen with chronyd 2.3 / macOS 12.x.
What can I do?
To unsubscribe email chrony-dev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe" in the subject.
For help email chrony-dev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with "help" in the subject.
Trouble? Email listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.