Re: [chrony-dev] Alleged out of bounds read in cmdmon.c

On 08/05/14 12:31, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:

> There was a report about issues found by the clang analyzer about a
> year ago, some bugs were confirmed and fixed [1]. With clang-3.4 that
> is currently in Fedora 20, I get 7 bugs reported for 1.30, but they
> all seem to be the old problems from the original report. Please let
> me know if you see anything new.
>
> [1] http://listengine.tuxfamily.org/chrony.tuxfamily.org/chrony-dev/2013/10/msg00011.html

These are the ones I still get as well.

Why is the "potential null dereference" in sys_linux.c a false positive? If #365 yields null into pw, it will LOG_FATAL and then continue to fall through to #377 where the call to setgid will deref the still-null pw. No?

thanks!

Holger