Re: [chrony-dev] [GIT] chrony/chrony.git branch, master, updated. 1.30-4-g8801508

On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 01:01:27PM +0200, git@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> commit 43cca04c339ff4e919b3b51a7eac993a3bc3d060
> Author: Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date:   Mon Aug 4 15:49:29 2014 +0200
>
>     ntp: reconnect client sockets
>
>     With separate client sockets, allow the initial connect() to fail (e.g.
>     when the network is not reachable yet) and try to connect later when
>     sending the packet.
>
>     Also, reconnect the socket when the local address has changed.

I've received multiple reports for this bug, chronyd doesn't make any
NTP queries when the initial connect() fails. This happens when
chronyd starts and resolves the hostname of an online source (or
chronyc online is issued) before the network is ready. A workaround is
to disable separate client sockets with the acquisitionport directive.

It's a regression from 1.29, so I'm thinking about making a quick
bugfix release to address that.