Re: [chrony-dev] adjusting frequency on the basis of temperature

On 06/12/2010 23:36, Michael Ashley wrote:
Hi folks,

Firstly, thanks for chrony, it is a very nice bit of software.

I have some computers in Antarctica that are disconnected from the
internet for days (potentially months) at a time. The temperature of
these computers can range from -40C to +30C, and over this range there
is a large (and highly predictable) variation in the clock frequency.

Out of curiousity, whilst I doubt Amazon will deliver you one tomorrow, is a GPS an option to get a time fix? I presume you are stuck with fairly low speed satellite connections with large latencies, so kind of surprised that you can get decently accurate internet ntp updates?

Out of curiousity, apart from Iridium, how else are you getting internet down there?

All the best

Ed W