[chrony-dev] adjusting frequency on the basis of temperature

Hi folks,

Firstly, thanks for chrony, it is a very nice bit of software.

I have some computers in Antarctica that are disconnected from the
internet for days (potentially months) at a time. The temperature of
these computers can range from -40C to +30C, and over this range there
is a large (and highly predictable) variation in the clock frequency.

I wonder if chrony could be extended to allow for the frequency to be
adjusted manually during periods where no reference clocks were
available?

I was contemplating hacking into the refclock_sock.c code to add a new
"sample" message which adjusted the frequency. Is this a sensible
approach? Any pointers appreciated.

Cheers,
Michael