Re: [chrony-dev] Let the kernel write the sys clock to RTC

Interesting.

For me, 1.24 settles down to the same drift, and I can't imagine what
could be causing this.

What system are you using for testing? Mine is a small 192MHz ARM 9 based board. Kernel HZ is 100.

When you start chrony git after 1.24, does it go back to -3.5 ppm?

Could you try git bisect to find which commit is causing this?

I ran ntpd program all night and this morning the estimated drift is 3.740.
And it seems that the +- convention is opposite in chrony and ntpd. So the
git chrony and ntpd seems to quite close.
Also, for chrony and adjtimex, offset is always 0 and timeconstant is 2;
for ntpd - offset is not 0 and timeconstant goes from 2 (on start) to 10.

--
Piotr