Re: [chrony-dev] Let the kernel write the sys clock to RTC

Again which version of the kernel are you running?

2.6.25

?? Does this mean that you run one version of chrony for a few hours, look at its statistics (chronyc ->tracking) then kill that version of chronyd, and run
the other version of chronyd let it run for a few hours and do
chronyc->tracking using ITS version of chronyc?

1. I do not have fork() on my system so I build chronyd with vfork() and
run it with -d option.
2. I run the new and the old chrony for several hours and check the chrony.drift
file

Why do you always start with this drift file? How long do you give the system

I used the drift file created by the chronyd 1.24 with the new chrony assuming
the drift value describes my crystal and will be the same irregardless which
version or program
I use to derive it. Is there anything wrong with this assumption?

to settle down? What is your poll interval ( you need to wait at least about
10 poll intervals).

How would I check/control the poll interval?

--
Piotr