Re: [chrony-dev] pps source is still marked as synchronised when no absolute clock sources are available

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 10:44:12AM +0100, Hattink, Tjalling (FINT) wrote:
> >Ideally, this would be configurable. Perhaps a refclock option to bind
> it
> >with another one. This would also allowed to use PPS signal immediately
> >without waiting for first sync.
>
> This would be a really nice solution. It gives the user full control in
> how the PPS should be treated. I can bind the PPS signal to the SHM
> reference clock, which makes it clear to chrony that the PPS signal
> should only be trusted when the SHM clock is trusted. If no binding is
> made chrony should always trust the PPS signal.

Please try the lock option in the latest git.

Besides disabling the PPS source when SHM stops, the PPS samples are
aligned directly to unfiltered SHM samples which nicely reduces the
time before syncing to PPS. Also, in the lock mode there is a tighter
restriction for offset difference between the two refclocks, it has to
be below 0.2 second (for 1Hz signal).