RE: [chrony-dev] pps source is still marked as synchronised when no absolute clock sources are available

wrote:
>> >Ideally, this would be configurable. Perhaps a refclock option to
bind
>> it
>> >with another one. This would also allowed to use PPS signal
immediately
>> >without waiting for first sync.
>>
>> This would be a really nice solution. It gives the user full control
in
>> how the PPS should be treated. I can bind the PPS signal to the SHM
>> reference clock, which makes it clear to chrony that the PPS signal
>> should only be trusted when the SHM clock is trusted. If no binding
is
>> made chrony should always trust the PPS signal.
>
>Please try the lock option in the latest git.
>
>Besides disabling the PPS source when SHM stops, the PPS samples are
>aligned directly to unfiltered SHM samples which nicely reduces the
>time before syncing to PPS. Also, in the lock mode there is a tighter
>restriction for offset difference between the two refclocks, it has to
>be below 0.2 second (for 1Hz signal).

I've locked my PPS source to the SHM clock and now it behaves exactly
as what I need. The PPS source is marked unreachable as soon as the
SHM clock is unreachable. I will keep this running for a few days to
see how stable it is.

--
Tjalling Hattink