Re: [chrony-dev] 1.24-pre1

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Bill Unruh wrote:

Also, it seems we need to change the library from -ledit to -leditline if one
uses the new editline. libeditline0-1.12-13mdv2010.0

(it seems that there are two packages, libedit and libeditline.
Chrony is set up ONLY to use the former. Perhaps if readline is being phased
out, one should use libeditline instead. It should at least test for that and
use it if available.

Oops. I should wait before posting. The below is using the OLD chronyc on the
new chronyd, and I believe it is a known bug which is now fixed. I finally got
the new chronyc with an old chronyd, and it simply reports "cannot talk to
daemon" with no junk. Sorry.

Also the new chronyc says chronyc> tracking
506 Cannot talk to daemon
Reference ID    : 142.103.234.11 (string.physics.ubc.ca)
Stratum         : 2
Ref time (UTC)  : Tue Dec 15 23:44:50 2009
System time     : 694737808.015160 seconds fast of NTP time
Frequency       : 3218.008 ppm slow
Residual freq   : -343.514 ppm
Skew            : -5479.956 ppm
Root delay      : -4934.499756 seconds
Root dispersion : 0.000000 seconds

Obviously the report is almost complete garbage. The Ref ID Stratum and ref
time are correct but the rest is complete garbage.

This is using the new 1.24 chronyc on an older chronyd.

If it is really not talking to the daemon, it should not report anything.