Re: [chrony-dev] Floating point values in cmdmon protocol

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:28:49PM +0100, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
> The values could be transfered as a simple floating point format in 32
> bits (8+24 for exponent and fraction), nothing as complicated as IEEE
> 754. Or maybe a text format in fixed sized strings and use
> sprintf/sscanf to do the conversion.

Ok, I've implemented a simple floating-point format. It uses 7 bits
for exponent, that should be enough for our needs.

I've also moved the estimated offset and error fields from sources
report to sourcestats and print the offset in sourcestats output (they
were not printed before). The estimated error doesn't fit nicely in 80
columns, but I think even offset alone is useful. Let me know if you
think this was a bad idea.

If nothing else shows up, I'll prepare 1.24-pre1 tomorrow or the day
after tomorrow.