[chrony-dev] Floating point values in cmdmon protocol

Before the current cmdmon protocol is frozen, I was thinking about
adding support for floating point values and use it instead of the
fixed point format and maybe in some other fields using integers in
microseconds.

For example, it would allow setting maxdelay from chronyc in better
resolution than 15us, or have nanoseconds in source, sourcestats and
tracking reports. (with the PPS refclock I'm getting here std devs as
low as 200 ns.)

The values could be transfered as a simple floating point format in 32
bits (8+24 for exponent and fraction), nothing as complicated as IEEE
754. Or maybe a text format in fixed sized strings and use
sprintf/sscanf to do the conversion.

Also, the timeval structure used in the protocol could use nanoseconds
instead of microseconds, this will not have any effect in the current
implementation, but could be useful later if we decide to switch to
nanosecond timestamping.

Comments?