Re: [Sawfish] Re: plain sawfish as a window manager

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Dmitry Derjavin <dd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Втр, Авг 21 2012 at 12:17, Snow Bender wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to create something that looks like the status bar in
>> awesome wm?
>
> I'm not familiar with Awesome, but it seems that
> http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Rich-title is what you are looking for.

Indeed, that looks interesting. I also plan to use sawfish on my iBook
and Rich-title seems especially interesting for showing the battery
usage.

>> I read about the distinction between viewports and desktops... what
>> are interesting usages of both viewports and the combination of
>> viewports and desktops?
>
> If you have enough spatial imagination you can get a real 3D desktop,
> without any fancy cubes.

Heh... I settled for now on 2 desktops, each 3x3 viewports.

>> Is there a repository with example sawfish configurations? I've been
>> searching for configurations, but it's hard to find any.
>
> Just ask here a bit more specifically. By the way, simple
> http://www.google.com/search?q=sawfish+configuration+examples
> output may contain something interesting.

Well, I already tried that, but most of the pages I found are very old
and I wonder how much of it is still correct/relevant. I guess I'll
just have to experiment a bit myself.

Ruben