Re: [Sawfish] plain sawfish as a window manager

> you can find many useful information on our wiki: http://sawfish.wikia.com
>
> For example the page about external applications:
> http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Third-party_software

I have to be honest: I knew about the wiki, but I don't really like
the site because of the commercials. I did take the time to check it a
bit more thoroughly now. The extensions themselves that are listed on
the site are interesting for both use and for checking their code.

> Sawfish does not include a tray, because Sawfish philosophy is to be just a
> window-manager not more, not less (though we added a handful stuff outside
> that).

Yes, I understand that. But aside from that, it seems like sawfish,
rep and rep-gtk give enough power for creating addons like an
application launcher, and things like Merlin.Ugliness (seems to
include an iconbox) and Cabinet.

> after you have installed sawfish-pager, add the following to
> $HOME/.sawfishrc (or $HOME/.sawfish/rc -- both are recognized by SF):
>
> ( require 'sawfish.wm.ext.pager )
> ( add-hook 'after-initialization-hook pager t )
>
> that will start pager when Sawfish starts. If you want to change pager
> settings, open SawfishConfig (sh: sawfish-config, menu: customize > Sawfish
> Settings) and navigate to 'Pager'.

I got it to work! And sawfish-client is just wonderful... I did the
following to test the pager initially.
(require 'sawfish.wm.ext.pager)
(pager)

thanks for the help,