Re: [levels] Re: X-Moto - Level Asiam Frenzy

yep, asiam do great levels !

2009/11/17 Jens Erler <mothbox@xxxxxxx>
Hi,
I ve not rejected the level as it was, but my comment as head validator:
- the cloud sprite shall be exchanged indeed (it doesnt have clear borders for collision circle)
- theres no need to use layers and stuff, important is just a nice composition of gfx (so I agree here)
- I also dont like many sprites, the less sprites, the better

- quality standards in fact rose a bit, which is good for xmoto, for also "mainstreamers" get into the game. Anyway I agree that gameplay is the most important thing.

for the level: please re-upload a version that appeals to you, I ll have a look at it then and (@ other validators) dont wish it to be rejected until I saw it.

gaivota

Weldon Sams schrieb:
Can you guys send me a link to the requirements. Why are you guys filtering them so much?

Sorry for the ranting below, I'm just really upset I can't make the keels the way I want. Especially for an open source game.

I personally don't like all the layers and sprites cluttering up my levels. And the drifted layers and such make me motion sick.  I've always played xmoto because I can't play most video games. That's why I make my levels very plain but with good game play.

It used to be easy for me get levels validated and that's what has kept me playing. People like my levels too. I get tons of votes and when I've been in your irc channel everyone was like "hey it's asiam. Nice levels man"

Are you guys trying to do something with xmoto? Make it more appealing to mainstream gamers.  My levels are my art and most artists don't like people to tell them how to create it. I thought xmoto was an open source game. So should the levels be.

Take my "squeeze on thru 1" level. That can't be much simipler but it's fun and people play it. I still play it for fun.

Please don't turn into the iPhone app store. Please. Please. Please.

You should have an option to download unvalidated levels if we want to. Ok I'm done, sorry again.

Weldon