Re: [vhffs] autotools patch

Le vendredi 06 avril 2007 à 07:35 +0200, Sébastien Le Ray a écrit :
> Le Thu, 5 Apr 2007 19:02:51 +0200,
> Sébastien Le Ray <beuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> > Le Tue, 03 Apr 2007 21:53:31 +0200,
> > Alexandre Ghisoli <alexandre.ghisoli@xxxxxxx> a écrit :
> >

> > Hi
> > I started to look at the patch, here are some request/feelings
> >   - could you add --with-min-uid --with-min-gid switches (they'll set
> > sequences values for vhffs_users/groups_u/gid_seq in
> > vhffs-compat/4.0.sql and vhffs-backend/src/pgsql/initdb.sql)

Done, will publish a new patch

> >   - do PREFIX and EPREFIX have a real influence ?

not really, maybe time to make vhffs more LFS compliant ?
For example :

/usr/bin for all robots and binary stuff
/etc/vhffs for configuration files
/usr/lib/vhffs/Vhffs for api an perl modules
/usr/libexec/vhffs/ for all web related exec (panel, jabber, ..)
/usr/share/vhffs/listengine
/usr/doc/vhffs-version/ for docs (and the initdb.sql)

So the PREFIX is now important (/usr/local or /usr)
and path options are:

/usr/bin       -> bindir
/usr/libexec   -> libexecdir
/etc/          -> sysconfdir
/usr/var       -> localstatedir
/usr/doc/vhffs -> docdif

> >   - api-path *must* end with Vhffs, could you enforce this (maybe it's
> > already done...)

Hum, I've to check how to do this.

> About that, something needs to be done since if you specify
> --with-api-path=/usr/pouet/Vhffs api is indeed installed
> in /usr/pouet/Vhffs *but* perl files are modified with a use lib
> '/usr/pouet/Vhffs' which is bad (should be /usr/pouet). So I think the
> best thing to do is that use specify a path like /usr/pouet, we replace
> %VHFFS_LIB_DIR% whit APIDIR and install everything in APIDIR/Vhffs...

This is already done, but at ./configure level

I'll publish another patch soon.

--Alexandre