Re: [vhffs] autotools for #542 - revision 2

Le Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:45:41 +0200,
Alexandre Ghisoli <alexandre.ghisoli@xxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hello,

Hi !

> Please, find attached a new version of the patch.
> Changes :
>
> . Added Config::General perl module cheking

Great !

> . Now make install will install /etc/vhffs/vhffs.conf only if it
>   doesnt exist. All other cases will install as vhffs.conf.dist.
>   This is done with a file renaming, vhffs.conf.in to
> vhffs.conf.dist.in IMOO, this job should be done by the packaging
> system (rpm, ebuild, ...) and users should not rely on makefiles to
> avoid configuation files loss.

Hum, in fact vhffs isn't packaged for any distro. All the persons who
installed it did it from sources, so we can't allow configuration file
overriding by autotools :)

> . Fixed a nasty bug arround VHFFS_LIBDIR definition in configure.ac
>   caused by a misusage of ()
>   Thanks to beuss to point this out

Great !

> . Fixed a TEMPLATEDIR mismatch between user specified path, and
>   a option in the config file.

Great !

> You can download if from :
> http://www.ghisoli.ch/run/node/38

We'll check that this week-end I guess and give you our last feelings
but I think the patch could be integrated pretty soon.

> Regards
>
> --Alexandre

Regards,
Sébastien