Re: [vhffs] autotools for #542 - revision 2

Le Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:28:20 +0200,
Sébastien Le Ray <beuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Le Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:45:41 +0200,
> Alexandre Ghisoli <alexandre.ghisoli@xxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> > Hello,
>
> Hi !

It's me again ! I found some problems :)

> > Please, find attached a new version of the patch.
> > Changes :
> >
> > . Added Config::General perl module cheking
>
> Great !
>

> > . Now make install will install /etc/vhffs/vhffs.conf only if it
> >   doesnt exist. All other cases will install as vhffs.conf.dist.
> >   This is done with a file renaming, vhffs.conf.in to
> > vhffs.conf.dist.in IMOO, this job should be done by the packaging
> > system (rpm, ebuild, ...) and users should not rely on makefiles to
> > avoid configuation files loss.
>
> Hum, in fact vhffs isn't packaged for any distro. All the persons who
> installed it did it from sources, so we can't allow configuration file
> overriding by autotools :)

Hu, vhffs.conf is overriden in every case:

make  install-data-hook
make[3]: entrant dans le répertoire
« /home/sebastien/vhffs/vhffs-backend » /usr/bin/install -c -m 644
vhffs.conf /etc/vhffs/vhffs.conf make[3]: quittant le répertoire
« /home/sebastien/vhffs/vhffs-backend »

In /etc/vhffs I've vhffs.conf and vhffs.conf.dist, both with the same
timestamp.