Re: [vhffs] Ideas about perl modules handling

Le samedi 03 février 2007 à 22:46 +0100, Sébastien Le Ray a écrit :

> Le Sat, 03 Feb 2007 17:44:32 +0100,
> Alexandre Ghisoli <alexandre.ghisoli@xxxxxxx> a écrit :

> > specificaly perl path related.
>
> You can speak about non path related problem too, we are open :)

Hum, I will as soon I'll have a working vhffs working system.

> > Why not add a
> > use lib "/usr/share/vhffs/api";
> >
> > at the start of perl file who need the vhffs libs ?
> >
> > In fact, I relly dislike the idea to softlinking modules in perl's
> > system modules include.
> >
> > Installed Perl modules are the only modules allowed to reside in
> > default @INC, and should only be installed by package system.
> >
> > In fact, I've a patch that add a %%LIBDIR%% include attached to this
> > mail. Then you only need to update this subst string with this shell
> > command :
> > find PATH_OF_IMAGE -name "*.pl" -exec sed -i
> > 's/%%LIBDIR%%/\/usr\/share \/vhffs\/api\//' {} \;
> >
> > find PATH_OF_IMAGE/usr/bin -name "vhffs-*" -exec sed -i 's/%%LIBDIR%
> > %/\/usr\/share\/vhffs\/api\//' {} \;
>
> Yes you're right...
> Can you join #vhffs on irc.tuxfamily.org so we can speak of this ?

Sure

> > Also, pay attention that you have to install your api modules in
> >
> > /usr/share/vhfss/api/Vhffs/*
> >
> > because the way you call it (Vhffs::module)
>
> Yes but for now, as we link it in /some/perl/include/path/Vhffs it does
> work :)

This is a feature, not a real problem, and we can probably live with
that.

> > Feel free to comment this suggestion, to keep distributions's package
> > mainteners happy :)
>
> If I can add a last thing : if I were you, I would wait for VHFFS 4.1
> since you may have some suprises to update you ebuild...

Hum, 4.1 ? when ?
I need to test and setup web control panel ASAP, and after some reviews,
vhffs seems the one that fit my needs.

Maybe I can port my patch to your current version, and let you modify
your Makefile to be more GNU complient (use of configure, set
installation prefix with --prefix, and let it install over more distrib)

--Alexandre