Re: [xmoto-dev] engine sound

just modify the theme ; if xmoto see an ogg extension, it will load it as ogg.
in the theme, replace
Textures/Sounds/engine_01.wav
by
Textures/Sounds/gaivota_engine_01.ogg for example

Jens a écrit :
The error is in audacity, it fails generating valid wav files on my system. The next question is: how can I tell xmoto to use ogg files instead of wavs at this place?

gaivota

Nicolas Adenis-Lamarre wrote:
F5 will not help about all what is for the theme values.

$strace xmoto 2> log.log
#play a level with sounds activated
$grep engine_ log.log
#open("/home/nicolas/.xmoto/Textures/Sounds/engine_01.wav", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
#...
$mkdir -p /home/nicolas/.xmoto/Textures/Sounds
$cp /usr/share/sounds/k3b_wait_media1.wav /home/nicolas/.xmoto/Textures/Sounds/engine_01.wav
$strace xmoto 2> log.log
#play a level with sounds activated
# BING BING AHAH my ears!!! it works
$grep engine_ log.log
open("/home/nicolas/.xmoto/Textures/Sounds/engine_01.wav", O_RDONLY) = 16

Nicolas

Ville Lahdenvuo a écrit :
did you try pressing F5 to reload database at start window?