[xmoto-dev] Z-buffer support in xmoto

Hi!
I've just started implementing z-buffer support in xmoto. My OpenGL
konwledge isn't great but I'm sure I can deal with it by myself.
Z-buffer stores information about depth of object so when prgoram try to
draw object behind scene it simply won't be drawn. IMO it schould
greatly improwe performance of the game. Unfortunately to do it I'll
have to split renderer main render() method to openGL and sdlGFX parts -
with z-buffer blocks schould be drawn from the closest to the deepest
one. Also I'll have to change structures like GeomCoord (Renderer.h:55)
to include z-value (this will increase memory usage of program). On the
other hand Z-value of block have to be determined at the loading of
level what also schould improve the performance.

I don't have any practical experience with using z-buffer, only
knowledge that I've lerned at university, so correct me if I'm wrong.
Janek Polak

--
Janek Polak
WWW: http://www.icpnet.pl/~benetnash  GnuPG: 6A1E7B75