Re: [xmoto-dev] SDL_gfx help

On 1/21/07, Kees Jongenburger <kees.jongenburger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So given the input texture , the texture coordinates and the vertex
coordinates I want to define a transformation on the base image. we
are in 2d space and do not perform squeaking. The transformations that
are possible are scaling,rotating and flipping .

I'm not sure I understand your problem correctly... Ideally it should
be possible to draw any textured polygon, not knowing about
transformations or anything. I don't know about SDL_gfx, but making
such a drawing function should be quite basic - interpolate the x
(screen) coordinate and the u,v (texture) coordinates over the edges
of the polygon, and then render the horizontal lines of the polygon
(with interpolated u,v coordinates). Nice thing about x-moto is that
no perspective correction or shading is required - i.e. it can be
implemented quite efficiently in plain c/c++ (even with no asm).
Sub-pixel accuracy (or texture filtering) is probably not required
either, if it just has to be fast.

Actually I thought SDL_gfx provided such functions?

--
Rasmus Neckelmann