Re: [xmoto-dev] Windows : use Application Data dir as user dir

On 12/22/06, nadenislamarre@xxxxxxx <nadenislamarre@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Rasmus,
can you make the following test :
on windows, the following url seems to be recognize as a normal url :
%APPDATA%
then, we would on windows system use %APPDATA%/.xmoto for example to store data
and to be vista complient.

It works in the shell, but I'm not sure it will always work with
fopen() and such. Instead there's some win32 API calls that can be
made to determine the application data dir - I think that's more
bulletproof.

Anyway, I really dislike all programs want to have their nasty files
all over the computer... I think it's much nicer to have all files in
the same dir, on windows. But that's probably just me, and i see that
vista want it that way.

Are you sure the current way of doing it doesn't work on vista? "vista
compliant" is a very broad term. As far as I know "XP compliant" also
states that you must store all user files in documents&settings, but
that's just so one can put an XP sticker on his product.

--
Rasmus Neckelmann