Re: [xmoto-dev] Level packs, etc

Thanks for the cvs corrections.

For virtual packages, i agree with you, however i have some suggestions to limit
the problem (the opinion of other people on this list would be nice) :

>  - The user will find it strange that there's both a level pack called
> "all levels" and a tab called "all levels".
the package "all levels" is new : i want make remove the tab all level (i've not
commited my changes, but there is now a favorite levels tab). However i keep the
 package "favorite levels" because i think it would be nice that the user can
choose the 2nd tab in fact (by an option : an association between the 2nd tab
and your favorite package, it's quite easy to do).

>  - He will probably also find it strange that there's a level pack
> called "unpacked levels"... How can levels not in a level pack be in a
> level pack? :)
one possibility is to remove this package (by an hidden option in the
config.dat) because the aim of this package is to show me which levels are not
packaged ; it's not really interesting for normal users

>  - He will not know what the extra number below "# levels" means
Change the label ? "Completed/Total levels"

>  - He will not know what the tilde in front of the virtual level packs
> mean (it won't help to write it in the changelog or readme, 99% of
> players will never read those)
Remove the tild ? Write the virtual packages differently ? A special tab for
virtual packages ?
Hum and a bug i should add to the TODO (i can't from where i am) : when you
change the profile, the UpdateLists should be called because the values depends
of the user.

>  - A new user will probably be confused first time he clicks the
> "Levels" button. Especially now there's no built-in levels, he will
> not know what to click.
The first time, there is "Tutorial", "Build in scripted levels", and "Build in
levels" : neckelmann, you should rebuild your xmoto.bin or update your *.lvl,
add added in all the built in level the tag "package" example :
<level id="_iL03_" levelpack="Built-in levels" levelpackNum="03">
for the 3rd level. More over, i added the property "levelpackNum" which is used
to sort the levels. (lists are ordered by levelpackNum/level name if all levels
are in the same pack)

> I don't know if it's better to show the "All levels" tab per default
> instead of the "Level packs" tab. It wouldn't be ideal as he would
> likely try some very difficult levels to begin with, and would
> probably end up getting angry at the game and never play it again.
the best is perhaps to remember the last pack which was opened (if one was). And
to open it at start (by cliking on levels, not when the game starts) (by default
is could be set to "Tutorials" package) ?

What do you thinks about these replies ?
There are only suggestion, there are probably better solutions i don't think
about.

Thanks for these throughts, there are important because when i develop, i
probably forget a lot of things like these one. Then, reajust them sometimes is
cool.

Nicolas