Re: [wifi-radar] types module

On Sun, May 11, 2014 2:25 pm, Andrew Grigorev wrote:

> I see the `types` module is used in wifi-radar for type checking, but it
> is not the purpose this module. If you mind a 2-3 compatibility, then
> the `six` module should be used instead. Would you accept a patch
> replacing `types` to `six` if I make it?

Can you explain how 'types' is not to be used for type checking?  As far
as I know I am only using it for isinstance checks.  Is there a more
Pythonic way?

I am slowly headed toward Py 2-3 compatibility, but that is probably two
or more stable versions away.  Before then is the transition from PyGtk to
PyGI.  In the mean time, I am trying things like __future__ imports of
division and unicode_literals.

I would rather avoid using 'six'.  I'd like to keep the external
requirements at none to low.  So, hold off on a patch for now.

--

Sean