Re: [uruk] Trouble Installing 2.0, Beta 2 onto hard disk.

On 04/10/17 18:20, Dave Hunt wrote:
> Hello!
>

> When trying to install 2.0 Beta 2 onto a 'Thinkpad 11E, The
> installation process  goes to 12% progress, in second stage. After
> about 60 minutes of sitting there, I get a message about the installer
> crashing, with no details on what happened.  I wrote the live image
> using the image writing tool, found on the Beta 2; the Beta works on
> an old 32-bit notebook.  On the newer Thinkpad, I'm using the 64.
> Thinking it may be a problem with one of the Trisquel repos, I updated
> the Trisquel sources list to use the US server; this does not change
> the behavior.
>

> Thanks for amy help,
>

> Dave   H.

Hi Dave ;-)
I have been unable to install Uruk 2.O beta 2 I686 , in fact i can't get
into the Mate graphical environment to be able to install and this in
I386, in safe graphical mode or Try Uruk
the process freezes before, but i can boot with no issues the 2.O
I686(and had previously installed it on the same pc, a Thinkpad
T400)some mentioned on the Forum T8 installer issues
https://trisquel.info/en/forum/case-crash-installer

I have also been very surprised by the lack of security precautions
taken by people who download Uruk Iso ..i downloaded
& checked the md5/Sha256 and verified the iso, so excluding myself only
2 others down-loaders have checked the isos cheksums!out of 36 for I386
& 2 for the amd64 out of 141 !

Sorry this is not very helpfull, for the Uruk team :(
i'm missing time to actually work out what the issue is, i suppose one
would have to enter runlevel in live environment to see what actually is
happening
Dave seeing you get past the post install you can have access to the
logs in ~/var
(debug var log installer)

kind Regards
MangyDog