[tng-users] TMATH - bug in symmetric sparse matrices!

There is a serious bug in Eigen library regarding symmetric sparse matrices. Therefore I encourage not to use them .

Symmetric sparse matrices should contain only the lower triangular part of the matrix and behave as if the (non stored) uppertriangular part would exist. This happened to be the case. But Eigen always stored the full matrix regardless the specified memory layout. That means: Operators worked, but backends like MUMPS did not. I made some experiments with the code to trick around that, but as a result the class tmath.SymSparseMatrix should be considered as being broken. We have to wait for Eigen 3.0 which is supposed to be released within the next 12 months.

Best regards SW