[taste-users] ASN.1 to SQL for C-ITS

Hi TASTE community!

We are trying to use TASTE to make an SQL database from an ISO stardard on C-ITS systems, the specific ASN.1 can be found here: http://standards.iso.org/iso/ts/18750/TS%2018750%20ASN.1%20repository

This ASN.1 uses "Information Object Classes" ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_Object_Class_(ASN.1) ), that seem quite suited for SQL mapping according to that wikipedia article.. However, when i try follow the wiki on SQL mapping, either using -toSQL or -toPython, I get this error:

does the TASTE ASN.1 compiler not support IOCs? Is there another way of turning that ASN.1 into a database with TASTE?

Further, we were hoping to use TASTE to make a ASN.1 PER encoder and decoder, preferably in Python or C. The ASN.1 for one type of message we receive can be downloaded here: http://asn1-playground.oss.com/Standards/ITS%20CAM%20v1.3.2.asn

When trying to map this to python we get this error on constraints: (only had the -toSQL picture on hand, but same for python)

This is fair and makes sense, but when I then tried to remove the extensions from the ASN.1, I get this error:

with EXT_MARK meaning extension marker "..." in the ASN1SCC code I think. So now asn1scc requires the unsupported extensions? I'm confused. How did asn1scc even know there was supposed to be an extension there?

Thanks a lot for any help or insight

Karl Svantorp