Re: New cooking release

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 08:36:41 +0100
Eric Joseph-Alexandre <erjo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le Sun, 15 Dec 2013 15:33:45 +0200,
> Brenton Edgar Scott <trixarian@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> Hi Brenton,
>

> > Incidentally, I noticed another micro-dist that did something
> > interesting. Buildroot keeps track of it's own packages to ease the
> > building process for it's users, so you can build said packages
> > using their 'scripts' for each. One user created a way to turn the
> > buildroot receipts into package receipts his buildhost could use.
> > Instantly created packages with minimal effort on the part of the
> > packager. Maybe I should create something similar for SliTaz.
> >

> Sounds interesting. Unfortunately my English is not very good and
> google translate does not help me much.
> Can you, please, give me more details about your idea or a link to
> what you saw?
>
> cheers.
>
> +Eric.

Here you go: http://henkjan.net/?page_id=320

I'm not sure how it works, but I guess it uses the files created after
they're compiled by Buildroot in their current file structure. Buildroot
works similarly to our TazWok by building all the packages it needs in a
chroot-like environment that mirrors the linux file structure. All we
really need to do is generate the reciept and copy the file structure
to get new packages after they're compiled by Buildroot for us.

Just an idea I got while working on my experiments with Buildroot.

Tell me if you think it's viable.

-- Brenton