Re: [[SliTaz] ] Re: New Kernel version in the Wok.

Le Fri, 20 Dec 2013 19:46:09 +0200,
Brenton Edgar Scott <trixarian@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Not that my opinion is worth much these days, but...
>
> 1: Little too generous with the stats towards Intel integrated
> graphics chipsets. This is maybe 58% and that's only on-board. I
> agree that Xorg needs work though. We're also having problems with
> other on-board graphic cards like those provided by ATI.

and NVidia

> 2: Spacefm needs the rar package to be able to extract it. This a
> non-free package, so it's a bad idea to include it as a builddep.

+1

> I disagree about users mounting being a security risk. This
> would be a bad idea to limit it and will probably chase more users
> away from SliTaz than it's worth.

 +1.
There are already enough things that are not userfriendly.
Do not forget that the S in SliTaz means easy.

> 3: udisk and udevil needs udev to work. udev can also only do so much
> before it needs a tool to use it effectively - this is where udisk and
> udevil comes in.
>
> 4: I'm in two minds about this. Yes, it's useful, but it spawns weird
> errors on systems that does not support it. This could look bad on
> older system and wasteful of precious iso space. I still question how
> 'green' this will really be. Few people seem to realize that power
> usage in some countries doesn't increase demand. The power plants
> always produce the same amount of power constantly (and CO2 gas) if
> you turn off your computer or not. Don't even dare tell me that
> computers produce CO2 by themselves - they don't 'breath'.

I am of the same opinion.
This section must be taken into account améliorée.Il processors that
supports it. We must not forget those who use old computers and were
among the first to support the project.

I prefer to keep a single core SliTaz, which can start anywhere and why
not have a flavor with all the upgrades for computers. And that would
include the possible and imaginable drivers.

> 5: I agree. Include Aleksej's tazmodem for 3G Modems. For everything
> else, I say install and use Sakis3G - actually, we could probably
> merge the technology between tazmodem and Sakis3G and include
> usb_modeswitch with tazmodem without taking extra space.

+1