Re: Please, fix cooker

> Hi, Christophe!
> Nice to see you again.

Hi Aleksej,

Not much time but I'm always here!

> I not upgraded "last atk, pango and friends". I builded gtk+3 package
> using *current* cooking/rolling versions of them. Is it mean that
> recooking of gtk+2 will fail?

Fine, last time I cooked gtk+3 I had to upgrade atk, pango and friends
to make it build and then, yes, gtk+2 fails to build if I remember
well. But if we can build both gtk+ version with the same atk, pango
and friends version it's fine!

> Or I cooked not working version of gtk+3? I don't know how to test
> it. I installed my gtk+3 and gtk+3-demo on my rolling system and run
> gtk+3-demo, and it works fine. Or it was not gtk+3-demo, but dtk
> +2-demo? How can I identify it?

Maybe it's ok, run 'ldd /usr/bin/gtk+3-demo' to see if it's linked with
the gtk+3 library.Current gtk+ 2 provide /usr/bin/gtk-demo and we must
have a /usr/bin/gtk3-demo to make them live together on the same
system, maybe we must rename it. Actually if you run ldd on gtk-demo it
will show you that it is linked with pango-1.0, glib-2.0, gtk-2.0, etc:

libpango-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so.0
libgmodule-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0
libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0

> If you say that it is BAD idea, ok, I'll move gtk+3 back to
> wok-undigest.

Maybe not if it dont make conflict and to much work to make them live
together.

> wok-stable is for SliTaz 4.0
> wok is for SliTaz 5.0
> wok-undigest is for SliTaz 6.0 (and other experimental things).
>
> But, if we move wok-undigest to gtk+3 and friends, then we'll have no
> ability to develop experimental things for gtk+2!
>
> So, gtk+3 is for SliTaz-2015 only :(

In the same time, upgrading to gtk+3 will add some MB to the core system
and as I said some apps are not yet ported so we may need to have gtk+2
and gtk+3 on the core ISO... thing that we dont want and have to avoid.

I think we need more tests. But is it the good time ? I guess we should
focus on making a new official cooking ISO for users. And we need a
release team, since I dont have time and energy actually to make one.