Re: hal or not to hal, thats the question ?

thus nobody else is answering, may I interpret this as approval????

here is the list of apps, who depend on hal (I hope I can trust
pkgs.slitaz.org)

dashel : C++ cross-platform data stream helper encapsulation library.
gnomad2 : GTK+ music manager for the Creative Labs NOMAD and Zen range
gtkpod : platform independent GUI for Apple's iPod using GTK2
gxine : GTK+ Xine media player user interface.
hal-cups-utils : Cups backend/utils to browse and configure using HALUDIs
hal-dev : Hal devel files.
libexo-dev : Xfce extension library dev
files hal-extra : Hal extra lib and fdi files.
hal-info : hal sub-package that provides the hardware data and quirks.
hal-scripts : Hal scripts files.
ivman : Generic handler for HAL events.
libgphoto2 : core library of gphoto2 to access photos from digital
camera gphoto2 : digital camera download and access program
hplip : Drivers for HP DeskJet, OfficeJet, Photosmart, Business Inkjet
libgphoto2-dev : libgphoto2 devel files
sane-backends : Scanner Access Now Easy.
brscan : Brother Scanner driver for SANE.
brscan2 : Brother Scanner driver for SANE.
sane-backends-dev : Sane devel files.
xsane : XSane - graphical scanning frontend.
pcmanfm : Light and easy to use file manager.
lxde : LXDE desktop environement meta package with SliTaz integration.
pmount : Mount arbitrary hotpluggable devices as normal user.
thunar-vfs : Thunar File Manager Libraries
thunar-vfs-dev : Thnuar file manager libraries development files

so I think, it is just necessary for cooking.iso to kick out hal,
replace pcmanfm with pcmanfm2 (which is nothing else than pcmanfm 1.0)
and add quite a lot of udev rules (which are missing) ?

Thomas