Re: hal or not to hal, thats the question ?

ok - the research is finished from my side and I have seen, that
Christophe and Pascal already started with pcmanfm.

the mainquestion are udev rules

for testing I created also /lib/udev/rules.d/  but when I install for
example sane, there are no rules neither in /lib nore in /etc

when I quote from http://www.sane-project.org/README.linux

"SANE comes with a udev rules file in the tools/udev
directory which may be used by distributions or can be copied to
/etc/udev/rules.d manually. The file format is explained on top of the
file itself. Either you need libusb 0.1.12 or newer or
USB_DEVFS_PATH=/dev/bus/usb must be exported as a system-wide
environment variable."

So somehow they are lost in the installation process?

Thomas