Re: Lowram and Lowram-cdrom

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:52:57 -0700 (PDT)
Terry Maiden <t.maiden@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think I know how the LowRam version works, my question is how low
> can the available ram be?
>
> What is the purpose of the LowRam-cdrom version?  Its considerably
> larger.  What additional software is available?  How low can it go in
> ram as well?

Depends on which version you're using. It's the same as the default
iso, only it doesn't extract everything to the ramfs or tempfs which
uses less RAM as a result. I believe loram uses a bit of HDD or SWAP
space to work. loram-cdrom on the majority of the file system on the CD
and mostly just uses the RAM it needs to boot. The minimum RAM
requirement should be about 48MB for loram and about 24MB for
loram-cdrom, but I'll put the recommended RAM specs as 64MB for loram
and 32MB for loram-cdrom.