Re: Bug in Tazpanel's installer

Actually it's not a bug. It is restriction to your ability to enter all this special character at any time.

I search what symbols are allowed in the user passwords in linux, but found none special. More relevant is this link: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wpexpdoc/v6r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wp.exp.doc_v6101/plan/sec_chars.html

I experimented with our busybox's 'passwd' utility and found that we haven't any restrictions there. I can use russian letters and symbols like 'smart quotes' in my password. But probably I'll have no ability to enter this chars at console log in.

'\W' in your regex would stands for any non-word symbols. But using your regexp I can't input any symbols but only latin letters, digits and underscore. So, it's not works for me personally.

PS: Brenton Edgar, my name is Aleksej, not Alekej.