Re: Massive upgarde in cooking and rolling.iso

When we do a major update on libraries we got new functions, fixes or
regressions, etc. In linux we dont rewrite everything each time and so
applications links to these libraries. For example I update the glib,
glib is used by GTK itself and most GTK applications, so when we update
glib we must rebuild all packages depending on it. If we dont do that,
applications might use old and usupported functions and be buggy or
dont run anymore.

Look to cook.slitaz.org, just because of glib we had more than 100
packages who dont build. Glib is modified upstream but some apps did
not (yet) follow the changes or are too old, that why we patch them and
fix them, that one of our distro job.

On the other side we MUST upgrade main libraries because well
maintained applications like firefox will not build with old glib
version.

> I don't get why you build the packages over and over again..

Do you get it now ?

Regards,