Re: 4.0 will not load

Yey nomodeset solved my problem :D

Works great now! wish to thank all that gave me help along my path to enlightment ;)

Thank you all
Martin

2012/5/1 Christophe Lincoln <pankso@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, 1 May 2012 09:40:40 +0000
Martin Svensson <ztealmax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hmm tux@slitaz:~$ glxinfo | grep "renderer string"
> OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
> software renderer? there
> tux@slitaz:~$ glxinfo | grep "renderer string"
> OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
>  is my problem, how do i fix that??

I'm feel there is something around KMS and the driver. On Xorg wiki
they talk about xf86-video-ati having more hardware support, so maybe
try to install: xorg-xf86-video-ati

And specify 'ati' as Xorg driver.

KMS is the Kernel mode setting, it handle the screen resolution
automaticaly and should NOT be used with vga= option. We have KMS by
default in SliTaz, to disable it you must use a boot option: nomodeset