Re: 4.0 will not load

What shall i write in 60-Device.conf

im using xorg-xf86-video-radeonhd

shall i put radeonhd where it says vesa now?

/Martin
2012/5/1 Christophe Lincoln <pankso@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi both,

> Try tazpkg remove xorg-xf86-video-vesa - You also may have to remove
> all the drivers except the ati one. This is how I forced Xorg to use
> the sis driver for my onboard video card. It kept defaulting to damn
> vesa.

In this case you dont need to remove other video drivers, juste edit
the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/60-Device.conf and put sis,ati,intel as driver.

Actually if one use 'tazx', select xorg install then the correct driver
the 60-Device.conf should be correct, id not we must fix tazx to force
the use of a driver. Maybe a small xorg-box would be nice ?