Re: Kernel receipt/cross compilation

I like the idea.  How do we handle different arm versions?  I am not as experienced, is that an issue?  On the note of compilation, has anyone setup slitaz cookutils to work with distcc?  I am setting up a cluster here on campus and we would have ~16+ cores to compile with.  It would be accessible from chub.

Christian

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 8:09 AM, Eric Joseph-Alexandre <erjo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le Sun, 22 Apr 2012 11:48:27 +0200,
Christophe Lincoln <pankso@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hi all devs,
Hi,

> To support cross compilation in linux/receipt we must use:
>
> case $ARCH in
>       arm) cp arm.config && make ;;
>       x64) cp x64.config && make ;;
>       *) cook standard kernel ;;
> esac
>
> Then cook must handle ARCH in case of non i486 and name the package:
>
> $PACKAGE-$ARCH-$VERSION
>
> This was my way to see, waiting on you answers :-)

+1. Sounds good.

> - Christophe

+Eric.