Re: Changes for 4.0-RC2

Hi Ikem,

> I like to see:
>
> - Enhanced boot menu with "Check media disk". -> md5sum

How can we do that ?

> - Enhanced boot menu with "Check computer memory". -> memdisk

Memdisk on LiveCD... If you select web boot you will have a nice set of
tools such as memtest or hdt.

> - Enhanced boot menu with localization.

It's hard to have all combinaison in language menu, some distro use a
separate menu for lang and keyboard but use gfx boot not Syslinux vesa
menu I guess.

> - Enhanced boot menu with an option to change the screen resolution.

You can0t do that, Xorg autodetect screen resolution. Or anyone know
who to force Xorg resolution ?

> - Enhanced boot menu help with the parameter to disable DMA.

Patch welcome, thes file are pure text file.

> - Enhanced boot menu help with username/password for tux/slitaz/root.

Patch welcome, thes file are pure text file.

> - Make fastboot a boot option.
> - Enable fastboot as default.

We can't on live cd, we need language, keybord and Xorg config before
starting X.

> - Make use of plymouth/usplash.

For 10-sec of boot ? Both are very big package for just an image.

> - Change username from "tux" to "slitaz".

SliTaz is different... Be happy in version 1.0 it was 'hacker' :-)

> - Ship Slitaz with a gui tool to change the screen resolution. ->
> lxrandr

Ok, added to core!

> I know it's a lot.

If you want better help files please send them here and you can play
with syslinux vesa menu if you want.