Re: Rolling 20120324 - Xorg fix again

On Sat, 2012-03-24 at 22:22 +0100, Christophe Lincoln wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi,

> So I spend the day testing different ISO flavors and way to configure
> Xorg. To anser Tom, yes we could go back to a ncurses lang/kmap config
> but I would prefer a GTK configs via tazbox.

Me too, I would prefer tazbox also, but to have a 'solid' release maybe
consider using ncurses config. (I feel we're so close to fixing bugs in
tazbox though).

> This time I still include Xorg with DRI but Tazbox start Xorg with the
> option -nolock and Tazx confifure Xorg on DISPLAY 2 to avaoid anx
> conflict. Work for me but I need you to test it on your hardware.

Hmmm... I actually hacked a LiveCD with your changes earlier and it
worked fine for me! Now I download this ISO and I'm back to blank
screen again :( Could it be build environment? (If you need anything
my hacked.iso, logs etc...)

> Also a few Desktop polishing such as a new logout icon on the top right
> and remove logout function from Applications menu, new icon for
> TazPanel and TazWeb. And finaly please welcome Sakura Terminal in core,
> it's a much easier Terminal than Xterm with transparency and right
> click options to copy/paste commands.

Looks nice :)

> As suggested by Mojo, we could go back to a simple Xorg and Vesa drivers
> without DRI, the nv and intel driver. Any opposition ?

Or have a xorg-server-light flavor as well as 4.0 with DRI with tazbox
or ncurses config?

All in all, very frustrated...

Paul