Re: FOSS and SliTaz

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:07:22 +0300
Alexander Medvedev <devl547@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's too complicated. If we can use simpler way, we must do it. I'm
> going to write a letter to Opera and clear some things out.

I hope we're not as bad as Debian. They take this kind of paranoia to a
new level of extreme. Just because something is free yet closed source
doesn't give me reason enough to exclude it. The only real reason I see
to exclude something is if we have to pay royalties on it and in most
cases that just means we need to not ship it with the distro. This does
not apply to separately downloadedable packages as can be noted with
Distros like Ubuntu and PCLinuxOS...