Re: Tazwok/bb and Tank current stat

I was not sure if it was the reason for the problems. Anyway i found out pankso is making his own cookutils. I'm temped to make a branch fork of it with my own changes. So they can be added when he pushed.

You should look at Gokhlayeh:
http://people.slitaz.org/~godane/cookutils-2011-05-04.tar.gz

There are alot of problems i have with it though:

1) mercurial sources are compressed as tar.bz2. We need to compress with tar.lzma to save on bandwidth and to be able to fit on to a dvd.

2) It looks like he is not recompressing the source tarball. This will make my livedvd pointless since it will be very big cause of this change.

3) We will need to add COOKOPTS option. It is used in packages like ruby-pkgconfig so .gem files are not extracted.

4) It looks like you don't have gen cooklist or cook order yet. I hope this can get done.

5) sources.list may need to be added at some point. Its to track what sources are incoming or in main. This way older sources are delete automatically.

I know this is a incomplete version of your cookutils. But i would like to help before you make cookutils unusable for me and GoKhlaYeh.

PS Don't be made for me posting this on the list. We have to be open about the new tools you are development. I don't want you to development something that no one in the community that may not like. And the last we need is slitaz to be forked.

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 9:56 AM, GoKhlaYeh <gokhlayeh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 4 May 2011 22:41:59 +0000
Christopher Rogers <slaxemulator@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Stuff is defined in cook-toolchain script from what i could tell.
>
> # Use some tweaked code from tazwok.
> prepare_package()
> {
>     tazwok clean $PACKAGE
>     tazwok get-src $PACKAGE
>     unset SOURCE VERSION EXTRAVERSION CATEGORY SHORT_DESC \
>         MAINTAINER WEB_SITE WGET_URL DEPENDS BUILD_DEPENDS WANTED \
>         stuff wanted_stuff
>     . $WOK/$PACKAGE/receipt
>     src=""> >     stuff=$WOK/$PACKAGE/stuff
>     [ "$WANTED" ] && wanted_stuff=$WOK/$WANTED/stuff
>     cd $WOK/$PACKAGE
> }
>
> I did add stuff and wanted_stuff be unset though.

That's useless, since it's defined just after anyway… src is never
unset & it causes no problem, right?

The point is stuff & wanted_stuff are probably not defined in the
version used on tank since sandbox is not up-to-date, and
cook-toolchain script is get from the env which build the chroot...

--
GoKhlaYeh <gokhlayeh@xxxxxxxxxx>