Re: Upgrade and boot fail

HI

I had to remake my change to rcS because they have been reverted and
slitaz-boot-script update. Why revert ? Because of USB bug ? Not for
me, and that said on my machine I can boot even witout starting udev.

My last change was based on users feedback on the forum, udev need to
be started after everything is mounted. That truth, if udev is started
after mount -a there is no erre message like in the past and slitaz
boot until the end with a nice gui...

So what to do ? Any other feedback on udev or an upgrade these last
hours ? For me it is a big show stopper for new Cooking, because boot
faild.

Theoretically, udev does not need to be started after "mount -a" because that slows down the boot time.  This is why we made this change earlier. This is how udev design was conceived. I believe even the kernel developers realized this and now udev is started by the kernel.  Mount /proc before udevadm trigger should be enough. Mount filesystems in /etc/fstab should not effect udev. But, as you said, our udev still does not work properly, it is safe to go back to what's working (boot time is just secondary).

~ Rohit