Re: Cooking ISO preview

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 20:08:57 -0800
Indigo <pointofavailability@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> @Rutger -- fat32 doesn't support user permissions -- I suspect this is
> the reason tux doesn't work, but I did have a similar problem with
> ext2 formatted sticks... it seems slitaz likes ext3 best, and this is
> something that should be worked out.  There's no good reason to have a
> distro that won't install on a standard, windoze-format usb stick.

Besides, of course, having no journaling support, a tendency to get
fragment, no support for disks bigger than 40GB, no user permission
support and an bad usage of disk space...

Remember, even Linuxes that supported it (like WinLinux)
cheated and used an ext2 or ext3 supported file system
within the FAT32 formatted partition.

Then again, ext2 has no journaling either - maybe this is one of the
major issues for SliTaz. Mind you, that must then mean it works well
with ext4 then too, which isn't always the case going on forum posts.