3g - setup change to sakis3g script?

as I already mentioned in the forum - perhaps for the new release its necessary to switch from hal.info to usb_modswitch for setting up 3G modems. The last hal.info is from 30-Nov-2009 - so all the new modems from last year will not work.

see - http://hal.freedesktop.org/releases/

Perhaps its possible to use / adopt sakis3g-script for tazhw setup 3g-modem - its working in Slitaz

http://forum.slitaz.org/index.php?p=/discussion/2273/the-sakis3g-attempt-working/#Item_10

And where can I find the code for the gtk-dialog box, that pops up on the end of tazhw setup 3g-modem - I want to add a desktop-entry for dialing and add this to the guides - I was searching in /usr/bin and usr/sbin, but I could not find it